Saturday 11 June 2011

Interview with myself

 Interview with myself

Describe your artistic style.
My artistic style honestly varies from day to day. I see pieces and think about what best 

will make that bead come alive. I make pieces for the girly girl with lots of sparkle and 
glam, as well as pieces for the modern woman that will complement any outfit from day 
to night. I like to make pieces that are unique and stylish. I am continually growing and 
learning different techniques to add into my designs.

What inspires you as a designer-artist?

I cannot really pin down what inspires me to create each unique piece. Many times, there’s
something about the colors, shapes and layout of my materials that just speaks to me:  I have
always loved to do artistic things, and with the enticing world of beads, and their myriad of
shapes, colors, and textures, the design possibilities are endless. I am always thinking about
new ways to put designs together so that each component is enhanced by those around it,
and with the intention that each piece of jewelry is unique as the person wearing it.  "I'll see
certain colors and shapes and I just have to put them together!"

 What materials do you most enjoy working with?
I really, really enjoy working with Swarovski crystals because I love creating things that add

a bit of sparkle. And, like any other designer, I also enjoy working with semi precious stones,
glass beads and metals.

Do you have an artistic background?
My artistic background comes from my family.  My Mom is one of the most creative people I
know.  I Would watch her for countless hours designing and sewing all our horse show outfits
, she did folk-art painting, flower arrangements, scrap booking, interior design sewing
everything herself and that’s only a few of her many talents. My Pop-pa (Grandfather) was 
into model trains he designed all the scenery himself.  He also did knotting, model ships, 
and crest painting.  My Aunt is an Interior designer, who also does photography and 
drawings.  I would make different chests and boxes restore old furniture, I’d make hair 
bows and broaches.  Now besides designing and making jewelry, I love to scrapbook, draw, 
paint, flower arrangements and other home accessories. I have a basement full of crafts that 
only someone with a passion for making and creating things would love and appreciate. So I
have always been into crafting something or another.

What other hobbies do you have?
I enjoy all sorts of crafting, gardening, and spending time with my family.

Any advice for aspiring jewelry-artists?
The advice that I can give to other aspiring jewelry artists is to just follow your passion.   

Make what inspires you and then go out there and sell, sell, sell. Put yourself out there and
just have a fun time doing so! Just don’t give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment